Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio FFA President Mary Buehler is busy representing the Buckeye State at the 89th National FFA Convention and Expo. Watch her talk with Ohio Ag Net’s Joel Penhorwood in the video below.
The authorities have banned construction activity and ordered the closure of paper mills and brick kilns in the district till Tuesday following spike in pollution levels. The air quality in the district deteriorated further on Saturday, slipping into the ‘severe plus’ category. Construction activities have been banned and nine paper mills and 333 brick kilns shut till November 5 to combat pollution in the district, officials said. Chief Medical Officer Dr P.S. Mishra said people should take a lot of precautions and wear face masks when venturing out of their homes.
Weightlifting has brought both laurels and shame to India.While Karnam Malleswari’s Sydney Olympics bronze is remembered with delight, Monica Devi’s last-minute pull out before the Beijing Games after flunking a dope test left a deep scar.The country has faced many individual bans and even international suspensions since then, but the lifters are now looking to leave their tainted past behind. The two qualifiers for the London Olympics – Katulu Ravi Kumar (69kg) and Soniya Chanu (48kg) – are realistic about their chances at the Games.Ravi, for one, has shown the courage to fight a shoulder injury and make the cut for the London Olympics. There were doubts whether he will be able to recover and give his best at the continental championships in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, but Ravi came up with a creditable show.The 24-year-old Odisha boy lifted a total of 311kg (141 in snatch and 170 kg in clean and jerk) at the Asian championships in May to bag sixth place and earn the spot for India. The federation later selected him to represent the country on account of being the best Indian lifter in the world rankings (12th).”He was coming back from injury at that time and still he managed to give a good performance. He has recovered fully now and has been doing well in training in Patiala,” his personal coach DD Sharma said.It would be tad over-ambitious to hope for a medal from Ravi, whose personal best is 321kg (147+175), which he recorded while winning gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Sharma said Ravi is motivated to give his best.advertisement”It is after eight years that Indian weightlifters will be competing at the Olympics and that in itself is an achievement. If he is able to lift in the range of 330-335kg, then a medal is possible. He has surpassed his personal best mark in training and we are hopeful that he will be able to do that in London.”Ravi did not compete in any event after qualifying and, since then, has been going through the rigours of training. The weightlifting team left for London on Monday.”We did not want him to compete in any other event after he qualified because the body takes time to recover. The climate in London will be different from the hot conditions in Patiala and that is why we thought of reaching London the day the Village is opened, so that we can fully acclimatise,” said Sharma.
View comments Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end Porto forward Moussa Marega celebrates after scoring his side’s second goal during the Champions League round of 16, 2nd leg, soccer match between FC Porto and AS Roma at the Dragao stadium in Porto, Portugal, Wednesday, March 6, 2019. (AP Photo/Luis Vieira)PORTO, Portugal—Alex Telles scored a penalty in extra time to send Porto into the Champions League quarterfinals with a 3-1 victory over Roma on Wednesday, overturning a one-goal deficit from the first leg.Telles converted the spot kick two minutes from time after Alessandro Florenzi had been penalized following a video review for pulling back Fernando.ADVERTISEMENT 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem LATEST STORIES Real Madrid’s European reign ends with shock loss to Ajax “You can’t make such a mistake in certain matches. There’s VAR and the referee didn’t even go to see it. For me it’s a disgrace, because when the team gives its utmost on the pitch it can’t go out in this way.”There was also a decisive penalty in the other match of the night, as Marcus Rashford’s injury-time spot kick sent Manchester United through with a 3-1 win at Paris Saint-Germain, overturning a two-goal deficit.In the Estadio do Dragao, Porto needed to fight back from a 2-1 loss in Rome and attacked from the start.It took a deserved lead in the 26th minute when Marega rolled the ball across the box for Tiquinho Soares to tap in from close range.That would have sent Porto through on the away goals rule but Roma levelled 11 minutes later after Diego Perotti was brought down by Eder Militao and Daniele De Rossi converted the resulting penalty, sending fellow veteran Casillas the wrong way following a stuttering run-up.ADVERTISEMENT Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting De Rossi then limped off on the stroke of halftime with a muscular injury and was replaced by Lorenzo Pellegrini.Porto had ended the first half on top, with Herrera forcing a fine save from Robin Olsen, and it started the second period in the same vein.And the Portuguese champions retook the lead seven minutes after the break when Marega volleyed in Jesus Corona’s cross from close range.Roma went close to equalizing on several occasions and Edin Dzeko saw an effort cleared from off the line by Pepe shortly before Porto’s penalty.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed That sent Porto through 4-3 on aggregate and left Florenzi in tears at the final whistle. The Italy defender was consoled by Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas.“We deserve to qualify, we were better. Belief was what made the difference,” Porto midfielder Hector Herrera said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesRoma had had several chances to level in extra time and also had a penalty appeal of its own turned down late after the referee decided a silent check by VAR was enough to determine that Moussa Marega had not fouled Patrik Schick.“We could have made it 2-2 on several occasions and gone through,” Roma defender Kostas Manolas said. “Then they blew for a penalty and then they didn’t give another which for us was clear. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Brighton boss Hughton delighted with Arsenal drawby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBrighton boss Chris Hughton says they deserved their 1-1 draw with Arsenal.Jurgen Locadia cancelled out Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s opener on the south coast, and Albion finished the game strongly, going close on a number of occasions against Unai Emery’s side.Hughton said, “After a difficult start, going 1-0 down against a very good team on the ball, we showed great character to get back into the game.“If there was a team that was going to score in the second half, I felt it was going to be us.“They had more possession because that’s the way they play, but I thought we were a bigger threat to score and Solly [March] probably had the best chance of the game.“But remember these are a team, up until recently, that had gone on a very long run of winning games. You can’t underestimate the quality they’ve got — a draw will always be a very good result.”
United States Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte won’t be going back to Rio – at least not to face any of the charges brought against him.Ryan Lochte, who is being charged by Rio police with filing a false police report, will not be heading back to the site of the 2016 Olympic games to deal with the legal situation. Lochte was interviewed by TMZ early this morning and made it clear he will not return to face the charges.Lochte didn’t close the door on returning to Brazil someday – but obviously he’d have to settle with the city before that could happen. He also doesn’t believe that the U.S. Olympic Committee is going to penalize him for his actions.Ryan Lochte — I Won’t Go to Brazil to Face Charges … Not Happening (VIDEO) https://t.co/tHlgTdSiiM— TMZ (@TMZ) August 29, 2016No, this doesn’t come as a surprise. Most didn’t believe that it would be in Lochte’s best interest to return. But now it’s confirmed that he won’t be.
EDMONTON – Aurora Cannabis Inc. capped a busy year by seeing its revenues more than triple to $19.1 million in the fourth quarter.The Edmonton company says revenues for the three months ended June 30 were up from $5.9 million a year earlier.The company said the gross margin on medical cannabis was 74 per cent, up from 58 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2017. The increase was mainly due to higher average selling price per gram of dried cannabis and a higher proportion of cannabis oil sales.The cash cost for dried cannabis sold was $1.87 per gram, down from $2.09 a year earlier. The cash cost to produce dried cannabis also decreased 11 per cent, to $1.70 per gram, from $1.91. The decrease was primarily due to efficiencies from automation and yield expertise.The company sold 1,617 kilograms of dried cannabis and cannabis oils in the quarter, up from 755 kilograms a year earlier.The number of active registered patients increased to 43,308, up from 16,400.Net income attributable to shareholders was nearly $80 million, up from a $4.82 million loss a year ago.The increase was primarily attributable to the unrealized non-cash gain on derivatives and marketable securities, which was partially offset by increased finance costs, share-based payments, acquisition and project evaluation costs.For the full year, revenues increased to $55.2 million from $18.1 million in 2017.Net income attributable to shareholders was $71.9 million, up from a $13-million loss a year ago.Aurora Cannabis has completed 11 strategic acquisitions in the past year, while another is in progress.The number of employees increased to 1,400 from 300 at the end of the last fiscal year.The company says it intends to list its shares on a senior U.S. stock exchange.“Listing our shares on a senior U.S. exchange reflects the level of corporate and business maturity and our high-paced execution,” stated CEO Terry Booth. “This listing provides access to a broader investor audience who gain the opportunity to participate in our continued success.”Analyzing the performance of marijuana companies is tough because of accounting rules used in the agriculture industry that require companies to put a value on their pot plants before they are harvested, and approaches differ between producers on how to apply these guidelines.(Companies in this story: TSX:ACB)
Thank you to all our sponsors.Presenting Sponsors:Shell CanadaFort St. John Co-operative AssociationSupporting Sponsors:Home Of The Whopper FSJD&T DisposalsHome2 Suites by Hilton Fort St JohnEagle Vision Video Productions Ltd.Pioneer Sanitary Solutions100.1 Moose FM Shell Canada and the Fort St. John Co-operative Association present Movies in the Park all summer long. Once again this year FREE Movies in the Park will happen each month starting with the event Friday, June 15 at Centennial Park.The first two movies that will be shown are Captain Underpants and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. The movies will start at 7:00 p.m. on June 15. On top of the movies, there will be food and of course popcorn being sold by the Northern Dance Theatre Society.You can also join us on July 13 and August 24 for two more FREE movies each night. The movies for those months will be announced closer to each date.
Bengaluru: In a pre-dawn swoop Thursday, Income Tax officials along with CRPF personnel carried out raids at the residences of Karnataka Minor Irrigation minister C S Puttaraju and his nephew. The raids were also carried out at the residences of PWD minister H D Revanna’s close associates Narayana Reddy, Ashwath Gowda and Raya Gowda in Hassan, sources said.Revanna’s son and former prime minister H D Deve Gowda’s grandson Prajjwal is contesting from the Hassan Lok Sabha seat. Condemning the raids, Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy tweeted, “PM @narendramodi’s real surgical strike is out in the open through I-T dept raids. The constitutional post offer for IT officer Balakrishna helped the PM in his revenge game. Highly deplorable to use govt machinery, corrupt officials to harass opponents during election time.” Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c detailsSpeaking to a private news channel, JD(S) leader Puttaraju said three teams of Income Tax officials and Central Reserve Police Force personnel carried out raids at his Chinnakurli residence in Mandya and his nephew’s house in Mysuru. The development came a day after Kumaraswamy raised fear about possible raids on Congress and JD(S) functionaries in the state.He claimed that CRPF personnel were brought from various parts of the country to carry out the raids. The raids on the Congress and the JD(S) leaders can take place early Thursday morning using CRPF jawans instead of taking Karnataka Police’ help in order to maintain secrecy, Kumaraswamy claimed on Wednesday.”Three teams of I-T officials and CRPF soldiers comprising eight soldiers carried out raids at my Chinnakurli residence in Mandya and my nephew’s residence in Mysuru,” Puttaraju told the news channel. The minister said he was not afraid of the raids and instead, it had instilled confidence in him.
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate has attached a property worth Rs 6.18 crore in Jammu and Kashmir belonging to a well-known associate of Hafeez Muhammad Saeed, founder of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jamaat-Ud-Dawa, in connection with a terror-financing case, officials here said.The patch of land in Narbal, Budgam belongs to Zahoor Ahmad Shah Watali and his family members. He is currently under judicial custody in a case being investigated by the National Investigative Agency. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The ED is pursuing the PMLA case based on a chargesheet filed by NIA, naming Saeed, Hizb-ul-Mujahiddin head Yusuf Salahuddin and others. According to investigations, during raids conducted at Watali’s cashier/accountant’s home, the agency recovered documents that revealed money trails originating from Saeed, ISI, and the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi, officials claimed. The seized documents signed by Watali show that he was passing the funds along to Hurriyat leaders, separatists, and stone-pelters in Jammu and Kashmir. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KED has further alleged that Watali also received funds from Dubai through hawala operator Naval Kishore Kapoor, who is also one of the accused in the case. Watali is said to have received the money under the pretext of a lease agreement between his company Trison Farms and Construction Pvt Ltd and Kapoor, the agency said in a statement. ED had previously attached another of Watali’s properties in Gurugram, which was worth Rs 1.03 crore in he same case.